Monday, August 15, 2005

Pizza the Hut

I was in upstate New York with Rick this weekend and on our way to his parent's non-lakehouse (it's on a manmade lake whose dam apparently broke and caused the lake to dry out) we stopped at a Pizza Hut for dinner. A few reflections on my first Pizza Hut experience in years:

  1. Damn, that shit is fattening. I mean, it's just soaked in grease. Oozing grease. The first, like three slices are dope, then you just kind of feel sick - kind of like eating Popeye's fried chicken.
  2. It's better to eat there. We got take-out and Pizza Hut always loses somethign when you put it in the cardboard box. At the restaurant it's still mad fattening and greasy and shit but the big difference is the bottom crust of the pizza stays crispy - making it infinitely better.
  3. Americans are pigs. I can't believe we eat this shit regularly. Pizza Hut was right next to McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and all those types of places. How much do Americans spend of fast food anyway? I bet it's in the billions. Ew.
  4. Upstate New York reminds me of Ohio. Anywhere that is sort of rural, has formerly nice old houses that are now run-down, an abundance of movie theaters, strip malls and mad poor white people reminds me of Ohio - where I went to college.
  5. Back to the Pizza Hut experience - we got the cheezy crust or whatever it's called. I thought it sounded like a good idea but I wasn't such a fan.
  6. I'm pretty ambivolent with regards to pepperoni. I like sausage as a topping on pizza better and I'd never order pizza by myself with pepperoni but most people seem to like pepperoni - I used to not eat pepperoni but I've learned to live with it.
  7. Which makes me think of all the other food I used to hate but now, unlike pepperoni (which I can live with but have yet to fully embrace) really enjoy: mushrooms, potato salad, guacamole, sushi, mustard and pesto sauce. I also used to think scrambled eggs with ketchup was a terrible idea but it's not that bad.

I suppose I've rambled off-topic.

No comments: