Monday, April 10, 2006

Game Six & RBI Baseball

As a NY Mets fan growing up, the Mets winning the World Series in 1986 was the greatest thing ever to me at the time. Game Six of that World Series, in particular, was a highlight of my youth - and still is even today. My aunt Susan was baby-sitting me (my parents were in California) and she let me stay up to watch the game even though it was a Sunday Night. I vividly recall running around and around my house with her when Mookie Wilson hit that ground ball in between Bill Buckner's legs.
At about that time, one of my favorite video games was RBI baseball.

That being said, you can imagine how great this is to me - Game Six (with the real commentary) but played out on in RBI Baseball video game form: http://www.sandiegoserenade.com/2006/04/1986_world_series_game_6_reena.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great night and one of my favorite memories!! Even if it was the Mets! Who by the way are off to a great start this year!