Monday, September 25, 2006

son of a BITCH!!!

Unbelievable.
Many of you read my last post about my run-in while replacing my defective Motorola phone this past Tuesday.
The saga has not yet ended. Today, I walked home, cooked dinner and for perhaps the first time ever decided to do laundry for a second day in a row. In that load of laundry, I included the pants I wore to work today. Along with some other stuff, I threw my pants in and took batch of laundry down to the basement. A girl in my building was down there so I couldn't do it right away. Once upstairs, I half heartedly looked for my phone but could not find it. Now I often temporarily misplace things such as my keys, glasses and, yes, my phone. Normally, whatever I can't find is on my bed or the floor or something like that so it's not something I really get worked up about.
The girl from my building knocked on my door and advised she was done with the washer. As I went downstairs, I thought to myself "I better check my pants to make sure my phone is not there". After a cursory pat-down of my just-worn pants evidenced no cellular phone, I threw the laundry into the washing machine and headed upstairs. Soon after a more thorough search, I began to get worried. I checked the usual spots - the counter, the bathroom, the dresser, the floor and then called - hoping I could hear it ring, or at least vibrate - nothing. I called the deli I stopped at for quarters - no phone. I retraced my steps back to the deli - nope. I asked the guy, whom I had just called (using my land-line) if he had, perhaps located my phone - you no dice. I walked home, with my eyes fixated to the pavement and sidewalk. Is that it? Nope, a piece of dog shit. How about that? Tin foil. By this time my laundry was sure to be done.
I walked downstairs and pulled out all of my clothes and what do I find on the bottom of the machine? Yep, my motherfucking phone.
Fuck me.
Luckily, I have the phone insured.
For those of you keeping track at home, since re-upping my contract and getting this model I have lost it, had it die and, now washed it.
My insurance is now dead because I've used it twice within twelve months.
Son of a bitch.

No comments: